martes, 21 de mayo de 2013

Grammar

Hi I am Helena and here I´am to lend you how to use should shouldn´t (advice).

Should and shouldn´t - use

  • We use should and shouldn't to give advice or to talk about what we think is right or wrong.

  • You should means something like I think it is a good idea for you to do it.

  • You shouldn't means something like I think it is a bad idea for you to do it.

  • Should is used to express the opinion of a speaker and often follows I think or I don't think.

Examples

You look tired. I think you should take a few days off.

Alice works very long hours. She should to talk to her boss.

- I have an English test tomorrow.
- I shouldn't worry if I were you. You have worked really hard.

- I never have enough money.
- I don't think you should go out so much.



Should - Quick Grammar Note

To give advice to someone you can also say:
  • I should do it if I were you.
  • I shouldn't be so rude, if I were you.

When you regret not doing something in the past, you can say:
  • I shouldn't have spoken to him like that.
  • I should have apologized earlier.




And here is a link for practice it I advice that is the same page were I got the uses and the examples, I wish you enjoy it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario